Janet Ternoff




“Something that I love so much about your pieces is how they take you directly to a place or a time. I’ve lived in New York my whole life (until recently) and feel that I know every one of your paintings. It’s as if that place is a memory pulled right out of my life. I love when you can look at a painting and feel right at home. It takes unfathomable talent to make that magic and I can never help reaching out to an artist on those rare occasions!” Tracy. This is exactly what I’m trying to accomplish with each painting.
My name is Janet Ternoff and I’m a self-taught artist living and working in New York. I create realist-style cityscapes paintings in oil. Most of my works are New York City scenes.
My works range from large scale formats to small paintings. Large format oil paintings are more detailed then smaller ones.
I like details and sometimes it takes me countless hours to create large painting. Details are important in my work because the goal I’m trying to achieve is to invite you to step inside the painting and feel the city life.
 

Thank you for viewing my art!
J.T.
























--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------