technodrome!




technodrome1.tumblr.com/

Joshua Williams isn't a supervillan desperately trying to get back to Dimension X while simultaneously battling pizza-eating mutant turtles in the sewers of New York. He's just a kid that was born and raised in Jersey that moved to Brooklyn to make a name for himself. So far he's doing a good job.

Technodrome1, as he's known in the digital art realm, has been hitting the internets in the head with some of the dopest pop art we've seen in awhile. His style has been compared to some of the greats, but it's still unique in its own right. In fact, some of his art is on walls in Paris alongside Warhol. Not too shabby for a guy that started his Internet blitz on his Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr pages. No machine behind him, just good old fashion hustle and word of mouth. Tech bangs out digital pieces like Lil B pumps out videos—in good way. Josh has had a show in NYC and one in Paris, with another one in the near future.

He takes pictures of your favorite icons and adds a hit of acid to them.

Technodrome: "I grew up in the suburbs. Shit was quiet and boring, a lot of old people. The town was in Bergen County, right by the city, so I was always in New York. Me and my boy always went there to see cool shit. I lived in Jersey for about twenty years. I went to middle school and high school there, when I went to college I never went back. I enrolled in Pratt and moved to Brooklyn.

"I had a pretty good childhood, all things considered, my mother was a single parent. I really didn't know my dad like that. I mean, he was around, but he wasn't holding it down or anything. My mom was good, man. She made it seem like there was nothing to worry about. I have a brother and a sister that didn't live with us. I used to be good in basketball in elementary and high school. It's funny because I thought I was nice because somebody told me that I should be. We used to go to this kid's house and lower the rim and just dunk all over that shit and his dad came out and taught me how to shoot. I used to shoot from my chest and he says, "You're taller than everybody here, you should be nice. The planted seed is very powerful.

"So, I just started practicing and got good eventually. I'm 6'3" so I played center, naturally [Laughs]. As I got older, niggas started getting bigger, so I moved to power forward [Laughs]. When it came time for college, they were like, "Do you have handle?" I was like, "Nigga I've just been dunking and blocking people my whole life; I never really worked on my handle." So, when the colleges were looking at me they were like, "Yo, 6'3" is the height of a point guard, niggas that play power forward are 6'7" or better." I mean, I played against guys like that in AAU ball. We used to travel the country, but we were nice! We had a bunch of white boys that could shoot really good and I would just d-block people.

"But as you get older that shit stops, cats dunk from the foul line and shit [Laughs]. I haven't fucking shot a basketball in five or six years. Last time I played ball was against my college roommate. I was like, "I'm nice, you don't know me." And he beat me 10-0, man. He doesn't even know how to play ball, yo. So I fucking quit basketball."
fuente:http://www.complex.com/art-design/2012/07/who-is-technodrome/growing-up-in-jersey













--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------