Paul Barnes






"I guess my closeness to nature and the slight isolation of growing up in the rural north of Scotland, along with my fascination of its ancient traditions rich in folklore and legend no doubt forms the basis of my work.
It?s this inspiration, from a very early age, that fuels a big part of my imagination today. Resurrecting the creatures from my childhood memories, conscious of the innocence and naivety in the forms, I enjoy playing with them like I did as a child.
I try hard to make my paintings look old with a sense of timelessness and space, kind of like a dream or distant memory that has become all blurry and faded.
I feel very lucky to have had some interest in my paintings in the USA lately and am honored to have shown in galleries such as Thinkspace Gallery, La Luz de Jesus, Billy Shire Fine Arts, DvA Gallery, Carmichael Gallery, and Gallery 1988, alongside so many incredible artists of the New Contemporary Art movement."





















































--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------