Sion Fullana


flickr.com

Hi, I'm Sion Fullana, and I'm a journalist and documentary/street photographer, who's proud of using mobile devices as most usual camera of choice. As one of the most recognized members of the mobile revolution since early on in 2008, my work has been featured in several national and online TV segments in both Spain and the US, and in newspapers, magazines and photography blogs around the world. These include American Photo Magazine, Phaidon.com, Lens blog of the New York Times, Mashable.com, Gup Magazine, El País, La Vanguardia, Resource Magazine, Metro UK, Time Out NY, Wink-Magazine, Photocritic.org, Vogue.it, Out There.

I have an image in the permanent collection of the High Museum of Art in Atlanta, and I've been featured with some legends of documentary photography in the book "Lens on Life" by Stephanie Roberts.

In addition, two of my iPhone images made it to the covers of international books. I am the spokesperson of WinG (Win-Initiative's new mobile photography stock division) and I've been a public speaker about Mobile Photography, with several talks in New York, Atlanta and California. Opening new doors for the possibilities of mobile photography, I have been lucky to incorporate the work in fashion (BAR III for Macy's, and Tory Burch), innovative conferences like Gamification Summit in San Francisco and NYC, and have photographed important clients from entrepreneurs and actors, to "Best Original Song" Oscar winner Marketa Irglova, for whom I've done the promotional photo work for her upcoming first solo album/tour "Anar."

I've had several experiences as judge in photo competitions: EYE'EM International Mobile Photo Awards, Air Print Moments competition from HP, "street Photography" category at the upcoming Mobile Photo Awards and the 1st ever Mobile Photo national contest in Venezuela. As for gallery and exhibits, my own work has been featured in several group exhibits: Atlanta Celebrates Photography (ACP Festival): #iPhoneography (Gallery 1) and "Ones to Watch" (Mary Stanley's Studio), Eyephoneography (several cities, Spain), iPhoneography (Art center La Panera, Lleida, Spain) and the EYEEM "Local Heroes" segment (Open House Gallery, NYC).

I'm a founding member of the Mobile Photo Group (MPG), an international collective of mobile photographers.

All this recognition and possibilities have come to me thanks to years of patience, daily work and lots of trial and error, that you can see in this set, and to my presence on Flickr for over 4 years. The reason I say this is that anyone producing good work and showcasing it and putting themselves out there can see their effort rewarded sooner or later. Don't give up your dreams and you shall see them come true some day.

The photos in this set have all been taken with iPhones that go from a 4s to a 4, 3Gs and 3G and processed on iPhone or iPad only. I'm proud to say I have NEVER Photoshopped any of my work..

Most of the pictures you can see here were taken in New York, while some others were snapped in places like Barcelona and Majorca (Spain), Washington DC, San Francisco, L.A, Atlanta, etc...